LVOOP Workshop May 2013
I would like to invite to a workshop concerning object-oriented programming with LabVIEW.
|| 27.5. - 29.5.2013
|| 9:00 - 17:00
|| Schulungsraum DVEE, SB3 1.239a
Intended audience: LabVIEW developer with some programming experience, but not necessarily experts!
- Introduction to object oriented programming with LabVIEW
- Hands-On: How to deal with configuration data using native LabVIEW classes
- Introduction to the NI Actor Framework
- Hands-On: Implementation of an UPN-Calculator using the Actor Framework
- More Actor Framework add-ons
- Linked Network Actor
- State Actor Pattern
- Discussion & Collaboration
During this workshop several object oriented design patterns and the data flow conform implementation will be discussed.
- Good knowledge of the LabVIEW development environment
- Contents of the LabVIEW Basis I & II multimadia course
- At least some experience in programming LabVIEW.
- Knowledge of following topics are an advantage, but not really necessary.
- multi-threading and event mechanisms
- object oriented programming
- design patterns
All attendees need to bring their own notebook or have their computer accessible via Remote Desktop Connection from the PCs in the teaching room. LabVIEW 2012 SP1 and the VIPackageManager must already be installed. More LabVIEW modules or NI Software would be an advantage, e.g. Data Logging & Supervisory Control or Database Connectivity Module, or DIAdem. There will be no time to install it just in time.
I guess we will have little opportunity to work with real hardware. If there is special interest in Hardware abstraction I could provide some DAQmx-USB-Modules in addition to simulation devices implemented during the workshop.
Please, refer to LabVIEWObjectOrientedProgramming
for more informations on LVOOP and good starting points. It would be a good preparation to read the diploma thesis: Prototype for a mobile agent system in LVOOP
Please register via eMail to HolgerBrand
- 08 May 2013