Welcome to the NIUser Wiki-Web
This web has the purpose to provide information about National Instruments
products as well as activities and projects at GSI
It is meant as a platform for collaborative work and documentation as well as exchange of experience for users of National Instruments
hardware and software at GSI
. For this purpose, we have set up the NIUserGroup
, which is open to all NI users at GSI. How to join the NIUserGroup:
Ask a member of the NIUserGroup
provides user consulting for projects with National Instruments
products at GSI
- Mar 2022
- PyACDAQ is a Python library for Automation Control & Data Acquisition System. It is meant as a possible substitute (Plan B) for our LabVIEW based CS/CS++ frameworks. Feel free to join the development. Active git branch is feature/basics.
- Feb 2022
- MQTT is now available as alternative to Shared Variable communication for CS++. Sources are available in Git. It is now part of the CSPP-Template.
- LabVIEW 2021 SP1 is available for download. It is sayed that the auto-wiring bug is fixed. Attention: LabVIEW 2021 SP1 executables with Enhanced DSC-Runtime Support enabled will crash direct after start (Bug 1903528). It was announced to be fixed in LabVIEW 2021 SP1 f2.
- Nov 2021
- OneNote & Joplin: Joplin is an open source notebook. Due to unknown future of OneNote at GSI, I migrated the contents of our OneNote:NIUser to Joplin. If you are interested to participate in the Joplin notebook, please send eMail to HolgerBrand.
- Aug 2021
- Jan 2021
- GSI has a new Enterprise Agreement with NI. In consequence you need to register all computers and account that should use NI-SW.
- March 21, 2017
A License for the LabVIEW Cross-Compiler for Arduino and Raspberry Pi from Alednye-TSXperts is available in our group. Contact HolgerBrand if you are interested in these tools. A Controllino is available for testing purpose.
- LabVIEW Hands-On Training
- LabVIEW Online-Training May 2020 completed.
- Are you interested in Hands-on exercises?
- Advanced LabVIEW programming techniques
- Introduction to object-oriented programming with LabVIEW
- Introduction to actor-oriented programming with LabVIEW
- Please send your request to HolgerBrand
Obtaining, Installing and Using NI-Software
Refer to Obtaining and Installing NI-Software
NI Product Specific Pages
Including links to GSI projects and instrument driver downloads.
LabVIEW specific informations are found here
DIAdem specific informations are found here
A mailing list: NI-USERSGROUP AT gsi.de
has been setup to establish more efficient communication between NI-Users@GSI. Sorry, but only GSI Users are allowed to access this list. A web interface
is available where you can
- Search in the archive.
- Post a new message.
- ni-usersgroup or leave the list (or change settings)
- Get more Information about the usage of LISTSERV@GSI.
NI Developer Exchange
NI provides Developer Exchange Discussion Forums
to the NI world wide user community.
We support Adobe Connect to enable remote support for LabVIEW
users from GSI. https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/lvsupport
is the link to the virtual room. Send an eMail to HolgerBrand
to request a meeting.