NI Actor Framework / CS++ Workshop Series
I would like to invite to a workshop series concerning object-oriented programming with LabVIEW using NI's Actor Framework
and extending CS++ Libraries
|| Every Monday & Tuesday; first session on Oct. 23rd 2017
|| 13:00 - 17:30
|| Schulungsraum-IT SB3 1.239a
|| Nov. 27, 2017, 1pm
LabVIEW developer with good programming experience, but not necessarily experts! We would appreciate to establish a new collaboration on LabVIEW based control systems at GSI/FAIR and other interested labs.
NI software tools which are useful for our projects will be introduced first:
- Source Code Control with Git (Can be installed with GSI Software-Center) and Sourcetree
- Measurement & Automation Explorer
- Distributed System Manager, Shared Variables, Data Logging & Supervisory Control
- LV event driven programming (Occurrence, Notifier, Queue, Semaphore, Rendezvous, Event-Structure & User Defined Events), VI-Server
- Instrument driver
This is all done.
Next we will continue with:
- Native object oriented programming in LabVIEW. Done.
- NI Actor Framework, ongoing...
- CS++ Libraries extending AF with focus on development and commissioning
During this workshop several object oriented design patterns and the data flow conform implementation will be discussed.
- Good knowledge of the LabVIEW development environment
- Contents of the LabVIEW Core I, II and III courses
- Good experience in programming LabVIEW.
All attendees need to bring their own notebook. LabVIEW 2015 and the VIPackageManager must already be installed. More LabVIEW modules or NI Software would be an advantage, e.g. Data Logging & Supervisory Control or Database Connectivity Module, DIAdem or at least the TDM Add-In Tool für Microsoft Excel or TDM Add-In Tool für OpenOffice.org Calc.
- LNA Package(Release 18.104.22.168). There will be probably no time to install SW just in time.
- Reference Library for LabVIEW Syslog Protocol , if you have DSC not available.
- You should install Git, it's avalaible in GSI software center, in order to get access to the development commits of our Hello World workshop project. I would recommend SourceTree as frontend.
- It would be an advantage, if you had a look on the Getting started chapter of the CS++ Primer
I guess we will have little opportunity to work with real hardware. If there is special interest in Hardware abstraction you could bring DAQmx-USB-Modules in addition to simulation devices implemented during the workshop. Do not forget to install the IVI-Driver from the NI device driver DVD. We can use the simulation driver as input/output devices.
Please, refer to LabVIEWObjectOrientedProgramming
for more informations on LVOOP and good starting points. It would be a good preparation to read the diploma thesis: Prototype for a mobile agent system in LVOOP
The number of GSI attendees is limited (max. 10), first come first serve. Please register via eMail to HolgerBrand