Welcome to the NIUser Wiki-Web
This web has the purpose to provide information about National Instruments
products as well as activities and projects at GSI
It is meant as a platform for collaborative work and documentation as well as exchange of experience for users of National Instruments
hardware and software at GSI
. For this purpose, we have set up the NIUserGroup
, which is open to all NI users at GSI. How to join the NIUserGroup:
Ask a member of the NIUserGroup
provides user consulting for projects with National Instruments
products at GSI
- March 21, 2017
A License for the LabVIEW Cross-Compiler for Arduino and Raspberry Pi from Alednye-TSXperts is available in our group. Contact HolgerBrand if you are interested in these tools. A Controllino is available for testing purpose.
- August 12, 2016
NI Software Platform Bundle Fall 2016, including LabVIEW 2016 is available, including LabVIEW 2016 on our network drive
Obtaining, Installing and Using NI-Software at GSI
The following pre-requisites are required for using software from National Instruments at the GSI site:
- Read and accept the terms of the GSICampusLicenseAgreement,
- you need a user account for the domain "campus" at GSI, and
- the computer must be registered on the GSI site (via the User Help Desk of the IT department).
For installing the software, you need an account with administrator
rights. At GSI, a local "localadmin" account is typically used on a PC. Then,
NI Product Specific Pages (including links to GSI projects and instrument driver downloads)
LabVIEW specific informations are found here
DIAdem specific informations are found here
A mailing list: NI-USERSGROUP AT gsi.de
has been setup to establish more efficient communication between NI-Users@GSI. Sorry, but only GSI Users are allowed to access this list. A web interface
is available where you can
- Search in the archive.
- Post a new message.
- ni-usersgroup or leave the list (or change settings)
- Get more Information about the usage of LISTSERV@GSI.
NI Developer Exchange
NI provides Developer Exchange Discussion Forums
to the NI world wide user community.
We support Adobe Connect to enable remote support for LabVIEW
users from GSI. https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/lvsupport
is the link to the virtual room. Send an eMail to HolgerBrand
to request a meeting.
Site Tools of the NIUser Web
- You are currently in the NIUser web. The color code for this web is this background, so you know where you are.
- If you are not familiar with the GSI Wiki collaboration platform, please visit WelcomeGuest first.