CS Workshop, February 2013
The results of the workshop are available CSWorkshopFebruary2013Results
we, the experiment control system group
, would like to invite you to a workshop dedicated to the CS framework
. Please feel free to forward this information to other colleagues.
The main idea behind this workshop is to bring the users and developers of CS
together to discuss about the present status and future developments.
This workshop will take place at GSI in "Seminarraum KBW.5.32"
February 28, 2013
, Thursday, 13:00 to 18:00 (evening: dinner)
March 1, 2013
, Friday, 09:00 to 12:00.
We could run a Adobe Connect Web-Meeting in parallel, so that people from anywhere could join the workshop remotely. If you are interested to join via Web-Meeting, please tell HolgerBrand
. We need some time to prepare. Especially we would need all talks in advance to upload them to the Webmeeting server.
It would be nice if you could provide us with some suggestions about the topics you would like to be informed about and and/or the topics you would like to discuss. Please let us know, if you intend to come to the workshop or not.
How to Register
There is no registration fee and there are two possibilities to register. Either
- edit this web page and add your name to the list of registered participants below, or
- send an e-mail to HolgerBrand or DennisNeidherr.
Attention: You need your identity card available to get access to GSI.
Maybe it is a good idea to contribute to the list of feature requests
or bug reports
to enable us to derive an agenda.
This is a workshop: All attendees are cordially invited to contribute by presenting something.
Authors are responsible for the contents of their own contributions.
Please, respect all concerned copyrights!
Thursday, February 28, 2013
19:00 Dinner@KHAN - Der mongolische Grill
Friday, March 1, 2013
Possible topics to discuss:
- Status & Problems
- Main original CS developers (DietrichBeck & HolgerBrand), are now in charge of FAIR relevant accelerator projects.
- DennisNeidherr will take over the CS Main package and HITRAP specific classes.
- Other classes and packages will be set to depricated unless a responsible developer/maintainer is found. To be discussed during the workshop.
- Usage of Forum and Tracker
- Software download?
- Deprecate Sourceforge support by EE/CS via public announcement?
- Who takes over?
- Most important would be the un-packager.
- An alternative could be the VI Package Manager, JKI, pushed by NI.
- Future of CS
- How to integrate LVOOP classes in CS?
- CS base classes using LVOOP object in their attribute.
- Use the LVOOP inheritance for derived classes.
- How to interact with NI Actor Framework applications?
- A possible solution could be the DIMActor
LabVIEW 2012 Project used to develop and maintain an actor anchestor class providing a DIM interface. It is using the LabVIEW-DIM Interface. It is published on GitHub.
- Consequences of such activities could be:
- This would make reusage of LV developements easier in both directions.
- This would enable short term students to participate in standalone LV developments and to integrate the results into CS easily.
- Information, requests, contributions
- 07 Jan 2013