How to monitor Shared Variables and Historical Data
You need to install the LabVIEW Data Logging and Supervisory Control Module
- Login with localadmin permissions.
- Mount network drive
Software Platform Bundle\Fall 2016\LVDSC2016RTS. (This Software is not meant to be distributed outside of GSI/FAIR!)
- Run the
Setup.exe to install the DSC-Module.
- You need to reboot the PC.
- Delete extracted data and zip-file from your local drive.
- You may need to configure the Windows Firewall to access historical data or alarms and events.
- Configure LabVIEW DSC, NI Variable Engine, and Lookout to Work with the Windows Firewall
- MS SQLServer Incoming Port connections on TCP: 49393 and UDP: 1434
Next you can use the NI Distributed System Manager to view online and historical values of Shared Variables in the network as well as alarm and events. Have a look at option in the menu. Following an example for a view on Shared Variable procresses using the NI Distributed System Manager: