LVOOP Workshop April 2014
I would like to invite to a workshop concerning object-oriented programming with LabVIEW.
|| 7.4. - 9.4.2014
|| 9:00 - 13:00
|| Hochschule Darmstadt, Birkenweg 8, Gebäudes D16 (Fachbereich Elektro-und Informationstechnik) in der 3. Etage, Raum 301
Intended audience: LabVIEW developer with good programming experience, but not necessarily experts! LabVIEW Core 1,2 and 3 is recommended.
- Introduction to object oriented programming with LabVIEW
- Hands-On: How to deal with configuration data using native LabVIEW classes. Sources available at Github.
- Introduction to the NI Actor Framework
- Hands-On: Implementation of an UPN-Calculator using the Actor Framework. Sources available at Github.
- CS++ The successor of the CS Framework. Sources available at Github.
- More Actor Framework add-ons
- Linked Network Actor
- State Actor Pattern
- Discussion & Collaboration
During this workshop several object oriented design patterns and the data flow conform implementation will be discussed.
- Good knowledge of the LabVIEW development environment
- Contents of the LabVIEW Core I, II and III courses
- Good experience in programming LabVIEW.
- Knowledge of following topics are an advantage, but not really necessary.
- multi-threading and event mechanisms
- object oriented programming
- design patterns
All attendees need to bring their own notebook. LabVIEW 2013 (SP1) and the VIPackageManager must already be installed. More LabVIEW modules or NI Software would be an advantage, e.g. Data Logging & Supervisory Control or Database Connectivity Module, or DIAdem. There will be no time to install it just in time.
I guess we will have little opportunity to work with real hardware. If there is special interest in Hardware abstraction you could bring DAQmx-USB-Modules in addition to simulation devices implemented during the workshop. Do not Forget to install the IVI-Driver from the NI device driver DVD.
Please, refer to LabVIEWObjectOrientedProgramming
for more informations on LVOOP and good starting points. It would be a good preparation to read the diploma thesis: Prototype for a mobile agent system in LVOOP
The number of attendees is limited, first come first serve. Please register via eMail to HolgerBrand
- 26 Mar 2014