NI Actor Framework Workshop December 2015
I would like to invite to a workshop concerning object-oriented programming with LabVIEW using NI's Actor Framework
|| 16.12. - 18.12.2015
|| 16.12.: 10:00 - 17:00; 17.12.: 9:00 - 17:00; 18.12.: 9:00 - 16:00
|| TU-Darmstadt, Jovanka-Bontschits-Str. 2, Gebäude L1/08 Raum 23
Coffee and some cookies are inclusive.
LabVIEW developer with good programming experience, but not necessarily experts!
- Introduction to the NI Actor Framework.
- Hands-On: Implementation of LabVIEW's Hello World using the Actor Framework. Sources available at Github.
- More Actor Framework add-ons
- Linked Network Actor
- State Actor Pattern
- Hands-On: CS++ The successor of the CS Framework. Sources and wiki are available at Github.
- Discussion & Collaboration
During this workshop several object oriented design patterns and the data flow conform implementation will be discussed.
- Good knowledge of the LabVIEW development environment
- Contents of the LabVIEW Core I, II and III courses
- Good experience in programming LabVIEW.
All attendees need to bring their own notebook. LabVIEW 2015 and the VIPackageManager must already be installed. More LabVIEW modules or NI Software would be an advantage, e.g. Data Logging & Supervisory Control or Database Connectivity Module, DIAdem or at least the TDM Add-In Tool für Microsoft Excel or TDM Add-In Tool für OpenOffice.org Calc.
- LNA Package(Release 220.127.116.11). There will be probably no time to install SW just in time.
- Reference Library for LabVIEW Syslog Protocol , if you have DSC not available.
- You should install Git in order to get access to the development commits of our Hello World workshop project. I would recommend SourceTree as frontend.
- It would be an advantage, if you had a look on the Getting started chapter of the CS++ Primer
I guess we will have little opportunity to work with real hardware. If there is special interest in Hardware abstraction you could bring DAQmx-USB-Modules in addition to simulation devices implemented during the workshop. Do not forget to install the IVI-Driver from the NI device driver DVD. We can use the simulation driver as input/output devices.
- Network access to Github and optional other workshop attendees. Refer to Niels Göran Blume for more information.
Please, refer to LabVIEWObjectOrientedProgramming
for more informations on LVOOP and good starting points. It would be a good preparation to read the diploma thesis: Prototype for a mobile agent system in LVOOP
The number of GSI attendees is limited (max. 5), first come first serve. Please register via eMail to HolgerBrand
- 25 Nov 2015