NUSTAR Controls Group Mini Workshop
- Date: June 6, 2007, 13:30h - 18:00h
- Room: KP II Discussion room SE 2.185
- 13:30 - Matjaz Vencelj(KVI) Digital Pulse Shape Analysis
- 14:00 - Lucia Popescu(KVI) Controls GRIDCC
- 16:30 - Torsten Beck(GSI) Digital Pulse Shape Discrimination Methods (Talk: )
- 17:00 - Peter Zumbruch(GSI) EPICS IOCs in FPGA chips (Talk: , )
Everybode is welcome!
Summary for the KVI delegation (Heinrich Wörtche)
The controls activities at KVI presently focus on two issues: controls of embedded systems at front-ent and identifcation of a controls system top layer. On front-end level objective is to develop automized procedures for stabilization, calibration and otpimization based on digital pulse shape analysis.
Concerning the top layer we have looked into options provided by GridCC
. Details and the present status of this activities can be found on:
Harmonizing activities between GSI/KVI:
- KVI considers to use the HADES general purpose readout board as hardware platform for future developments.
- EE/KS is about to develop an embedded EPICS IOC for the HADControl board.
- LabVIEW (expertise availabe at KVI) and EPICS (no expertise) will be considered/applied for instrument controls.
- EE/KS will consider a GridCC-DIM-Gateway not before November 2007.
- a video conference system (see list below) will be installed
- the KVI Wiki system will be cross linked with the GSI Wiki on controls issues
The next meeting concerning NuStar Controls is planned for November 2007. Web-Conference tool will be used inbetween. Refer to announcements at VirtualConferencing
- 06 Jun 2007
Videoconferencing Compatibility Chart
Could we try and fill the table? Let the minimum functionality be voice+video and cross-platform.
|| OS support
|| extra features
|| any, www+java
|| desktop display (but no control)
|| http://www.vrvs.org/, somewhat cumbersome gui, GSI Nodes with even IP numbers are blocked by GSI firewall
|| any, www+java
|| same as VRVS
|| http://evo.caltech.edu/, next gen VRVS, clean & simple gui, used successfully from a knoppix-cd-booted public PC; GSI Nodes with even IP numbers are maybe blocked by GSI firewall, somebody has to test it.
| Adobe® Connect
|| FlashPlayer Plugin
|| Linux, Mac, Windows
|| http://webconf.vc.dfn.de/faircontrols/, Meeting organizer needs DFN account, worldwide accessible
|| no video on linux
|| http://www.skype.com, forbidden at some institutes for unclean net behavior
|| ekiga for win/mac/linux MS netmeeting compatible
- 07 Jun 2007
- Set ALLOWTOPICCHANGE = JoernAdamczewski, DietrichBeck, HolgerBrand, HansEssel, BurkhardKolb, PeterZumbruch, HeinrichWoertche, LuciaPopescu, CatherineRigollet, MatjazVencelj, HaikSimon, TorstenBeck