HadCon - Introduction
is a general purpose IO module for detector and experiment control as well as for small data acquisition systems.
(HADControl general purpose board
Since its first application has been a power monitor for the Hades Shower Detector it has been formerly introduced and well known as HadShoPoMo (Ha
nitor (HADControl/HadShoPoMo general purpose board
HadCon has an SoC on-board, ETRAX 100LX MCM 4+16
) - which will be discontinued, see the new HadCon2
Running a standard Linux the Etrax provides "Connectivity to the world"
On the other side it connects via its internal serial interface to an ATMEL AT90CAN128
microcontroller and optionally to an Xilinx CPLD.
Via this junction the ATMEL provides a multitude of possible connections to field buses and general I/O ports.
base and its applications, modules, and extensions can be cross-compiled to run on Etrax Axis' CRIS architecture (see section Architecture: ETRAX's CRIS by AXIS
- CPU: AXIS ETRAX 100LX MCM 4+16
- Microcontroller: ATMEL AT90CAN128
- I2C (internal)
- 2 × 4-channel 8-Bit DAC - Digital-to-Analog Converter
- galvanically isolated CAN - High-speed CAN Transceiver
- optional external power supply
- 32 digital I/Os
- CPLD: Xilinx XCR3064XL-6CS48C
- 2 × Rotary Code Switches, hexadecimal coding
- Ericsson PME 5218TS switching regulator for up to 6A 3.3V power usable for other boards
- full EPICS support
- 25 Nov 2013