This How-To is meant for people who would like to try the basic features of CS. For further details have a look at the How-To for installing the sources.
Installing the Software
- Download the binary with installer from the download page and install the software. Important: If you would like to use the DSCIntProc class (requires DSCEngine of LabVIEW) you must have a DSC run-time system. Even more important: The executable ("CS.exe") must be placed in the main directory of the DSC run-time system.
- Please make sure, that required libraries and DLLs are in a subfolder "data" below the folder, where you placed the executable "CS.exe".
- Set-up the ODBC database. Most important is the configuration of a Super process for each node. As an example, edit the database and replace "Super_abc123.gsi.de" by "Super_mynode.myinstitute.mycountry". A sample data base is in the "data" folder of your installation.
- If you have a DSC run-time system and want to use it, you must put the CS.exe in the main folder of the DSC run-time system and configure the DSC engine. A sample scf file is in the "data" folder your installation.
- Start CS by running CS.exe.
- 06 Jul 2005