For experimental instrumentation at CRYRING@ESR
, a small high-speed ethernet network has been created.
Accessing devices in this network is conveniently possible through our ComputerPool
If you plan to bring any network-capable instrumentation for your experiment to our network, please contact us in advance.
- Separate user managment. Your campus login will not work, you need to contact us to access our ressources.
- No direct routing, no access from or to external network ressources for guest machines. This policy is from an agreement with the GSI IT Security. (And the methods to bypass this policy are also from an agreement with GSI IT. 😉)
- Easier integration of experiment-related external devices
- Protection of devices from exposure to unauthorized access
- Internal traffic is independent of Campus network
- Improved Timestamping, where WhiteRabbit is not available: NTPAndPTP
- Network-wide blacklisting of common spam domains enabled. Nevertheless, using adblock-extensions to webbrowser is generally still recommended, e.g. uBlock origin in combination with NoScript