Procedure for Aborted Shifts/Standby
If a shift has to be arborted for any reason (e.g. technical problems) please follow the following steps before going home. This is especially relevant for shifts outside of normal working hours, i.e. late, night and weekend shifts.
- If any pneumatic drives (e.g. at the particle detectors) are in automatic mode, they have to switched to automatic. Please see the detector drive manual for details.
- Switch of the IPM voltage. See below.
- Inform the main control room (phone: 2222).
- Inform the CRYRING on-call service.
- If you have access to the OLOG, write an entry (event: Standby) giving details of the problem.
Switching of the IPM voltage
If the IPM application (see picture below) is not open anywhere it can be found in the App Launcher. In the tab “CRYRING”
select “Cryring IPM”
. In the task manager the application appears under “CryPM – Ionisation Profile Monitor”
. When the application is open you will find the section “High Voltage”
on the bottom left. Set the power to “off”
for both the horizontal and the vertical IPM. The voltages will then wind down automatically.