Meeting on FPGA card programming, 14 April 2008
: The aim of the meeting was to discuss the future of the programming required for using an NI-FPGA card as pattern generator for timing of trap experiments.
- MCS data is read after every cycle.
- number of channels
- SHIPTRAP: 12
- HITRAP: 16
- linkage to the MM6 class
- SHIPTRAP: FPGA class is directly coupled to the FPGA.
- ClusterTrap: same interface as for the PPG100 card (via files).
- times for scanning etc.
- ClusterTrap: can be changed on-line
- SHIPTRAP: as for the PPG100 and GUI classes
- requirements at this poing seem to meet each other
- future, common development?
- yes, Dietrich is willing to take over the stuff in the second half of 2008.
- Falk and Stephen will write a document about the requirements until beginning of June 2008.
- Review of requirements until August 2008.
- 04 Aug 2008