FAQ condering Lambda Genesys LV-Device
What is a Lambda Genesys LV-Device??
The Lambda Programmable DC Power Supplie is a crate of the Lambda-Genesys Series. 25 Devices are Supported by this driver, from GEN 6-100 to GEN 600-2.6. It communicates via IEEE488.2 GBIP Bus (its also possible to connect via RS232) and needs a GPIB-ENET Controller, to make it available on Ethernet.
Which Objects do i need, to communicate with the Lambda-Devices via CS ?
To use the "Lambda_LV_MainPanel" or the "Lambda_GenesysGUI" you need to start:
What Data do these Objects need, to work? And where i have to write it down?
At first Configure the Lambda-Devices in the MAX (Measurement and Automation Explorer)
--> Geräte & Schnittstellen -->new GPIB Controller etc.
Now configure the CS_Process.mdb Database (thats the default name, maybee your CS-Database has an other name)
- If not added, add the two Classes (ESONE Dispatcher and LeCroy_2132_Interface) to the Database (Tabellen --> Classes)
- Now click on "Formulare --> Edit Instance Data" and add a entry for each of the two new objects.
- Your LeCroy_2132_Interface Object must have the following Parameters:
- PeriodicIntervall (default are 2000 ms)
- EventTimeout (default are 10000 ms)
- Address0 GPIB Address, of the first device, for example: GPIB0::4::INSTR
- Special0 Name of the first device, for example: +5V_An./Dig_Versorgung
- Address1 GPIB Address, of the second device, for example: GPIB0::5::INSTR
- Special1 Name of the first device, for example: +5V_VV_Versorgung
- ...and so on, up to max. 15 devices
- Save & close your Database
To load the Lambda_LV_MainPanel place the constructor of the Lambda_LV_MainPanel into your CS Object, or to load only the Lambda_GenesysGUI place the constructor of the Lambda_GenesysGUI into your CS Object, and wire to "Data in": name of the Lambda_LV_Supplies Object. For example: Lambda_LV_Supplies@kp1pc065.gsi.de
If you only use the Lambda_GenesysGUI, you have to prepare the Object name.
Example: if your channel on the Lambda_LV_Supplies is called "-6V_VV_Versorgung" the panelObject has to get the same name
How many Lambda-Devices can I control with a Lambda_LV_MainPanel?
With this Version it is only possible to read out 5 Devices. If you wish to read out more Devices, you have to change the code of the Lambda_LV_MainPanel or contact alexander schwinn for help!
What I have to do, to start these classes?
At first make sure, you have done all steps, listet above! Finished? Then:
- start the CSStart.vi (if errors do accur, first fix these problems with CS)
- open the user GOG and load & execute the Lambda_LV_Supplies Object
- Load your object, which is able to open one of the GUIŽs
What the hack are these "ON", "OFF" button for?
By switching "ON", all "voltage to set" and all "ciurr.lim. to set" values are set. First all positive Channels, than the negative ones.
And "OFF" shuts them down to 0 Volt, in reverse order.
What am I doing with the logfile?!?
If you have specified a logfile, and any Voltage chanches more than 1%, than all information is written to this file. The same happens if an other parameter changes.
It still donŽt works, and i have no idea why! What should i do now??
Support you can get by the developer (alexander schwinn) or if i dont work at the gsi anymore: contact holger brand.
- 02 Nov 2006