Beam Control Requirements
This page is used to collect the requirements for the new Beam Control application based on LabVIEW 2009.
How to make a much better control system using "Artificial Intelligence" - please read separate document
discussing this topic (added Jun2012 by JPO).
- Configuration parameters
- Counter measurements
- Pulse length and period must be measured precisely for each unique pulse. The pulse length and duty cycle is necessary for the scaling of other counter measurements.
- The pulse frequency can be calculated: Number of pulses/Sum of period times. Update rate on GUI ~1Hz.
- Trafo currents and faraday cups will be measured for each pulse by counting gated signal edges. The current can be calculated: Number of edges/pulse length.
- Detector measurements must be configurable for several measurement scenarios:
- Free running rate meter
- Macro pulse gated rate meter
- Radioactive decay curve
- Chopper control
- Manual control
- Program controlled
- The chopper will be moved in in case of exceed limits of currents, detector count rates or pulse length. The chopper must be moved out manually.
- In special irradiation mode the chopper will be moved in and out depending on configured times.
Data can not be uniquely assigned to a specific macro pule. So, we use it as last known information, assuming that the beam intensity varies only slowly from pulse to pulse.
- 4 Current values are read from NODAL
- Faradaycups: UX8DC2, UX8DC4, UT2DCX, UXIDC6
- Trafos: UXADT2 and UX8DT3
- Position of cups UT2DCX, UXIDC6, UX8DC2, UX8DC4
- Control of cups UX8DC2 and UX8DC4
- Data storage
- 06 Nov 2009