December 1, 2005, 10h
Room: GSI, SB2 2.239b
Please, feel free to add topics to the agenda.
- Protokoll of previous meeting
- Definition of our aims. What do we want? Control systems for Experiments and interaction/interfaces with DAQ and Accelerator? Or control systems for DAQ? Or do we understand ourselves more as a kind of controls coordination group that works out recommendations? Or are we a working group that actually provides tools and intefaces that can be used in real life?
- Commitments of FAIR collaborations
In order to make this series of meetings efficient we definitely need commitments of the FAIR collaborations and affected groups. Do we want to go for a Memorandum of Understanding?
- Controls School
I proposed at ICALEPCS 2005 to organize a Controls School. I will report about the ongoing discussion. Are the member of FAIR collaborations interested in such a Controls School?
- EMailList for invitations etc.
- Protocol of the previous meeting was accepted.
- FAIRcontrolGroup could be used as mailing list via wiki change notification. All known candidates should be included in the wiki group initially.
- Discussion of our mission statement
- The MissionStatement is the agreement about goals of the FAIR Controls Advisory Board that has to be founded in near future.
- Members: Responsible persons of Accelerator, Experiments and Infrastructure
- Possible topics:
- Synergy by standardization of controls in hard- and software
- Conflict: Tailored solution <-> Frameworked standardization
- Advantages must be obvious to the collaboration partners:
- Help in project management, e.g.
- Collection of primary requirements and their analysis
- Discussion of solution proposals and risk analysis
- Consulting and access to controls knowledge base
- Check lists for activities during the life time of projects.
- Communication platform to enhance the attractiveness
- Development of prototypes to gain experience to prepare:
- Recommendations of tools and their support.
- Training for frameworks
- Design in support
- The results of the previous topics aim at obtaining mandatory agreements!
- To do list:
- Contacting of responsible persons and registration for this wiki web.
- Comparison with existing detectors and solutions.
- Indication of critical points
Next meeting: MeetingJan192006
- 01 Dec 2005