The FRS Technical Information
The public websites for the Fragment Separator can be found here.
DO NOT RELY ON THIS DATASETS since this is just a test-environment. The official FRS Tech Info pages can be found here.
Data acquisition and Electronics
- The update FRS electronics pages
- The FrsDAQ pages
- Data-taking is done using the GSI-developed MBS package
- The old FRS DAQ pages
- An introduction to the on-line version of PAW++ sometimes used at the FRS
- An introduction to the GO4 analysis to be used at the FRS
- SATAN, a useful program for plotting and analyzing data
- Online versions of the FRS Sharp calculator conversion programs.
- Online versions of the FRS Degrader calculator
- ATIMA, a program to calculate various interactions of particles and matter
- Use CHARGE to calculate charge-changing cross sections and the like
- GLOBAL, another program to calculate properties of atoms passing through matter
- MOCADI, a Monte Carlo simulation for beam transport through optical systems
- GICO, a progam for ion-optical calculations
- EPAX, an empirical formula to estimate fragmentation cross sections ("safe" on-line version)
- Use LIESCHEN to predict the ion-optical separation of secondary beams
- EMD calculates the electromagnetic interaction of heavy-ion beams with target atoms
- Try AMADEUS, a magnet and degrader utility for scaling
Beam intensities and Cross sections
- Table of primary beam intensities (from the accelerator division)