GSI Lectures on C++ for experimental physicists
Spring 2005, Thursday 10:00-12:00, discussion room DVEE, SB 2.239b
This is a wiki supporting the lectures. To learn more about wikis start at TWikiSite
. If you want to contribute you have to register via TWikiRegistration
The first set of sessions ended at 16/06. If you have feedback to improve the lectures or further topics for futures sessions
please add them to page CppFeedback
or mail to KilianSchwarz
The lecture series introduces C++ on a level needed to use C++ based frameworks or toolkits for experimental high energy and nuclear physics like ROOT, Geant4, VMC or Go4. The main topics are:
- General introduction to C++ for programmer. No introduction to programming! Knowledge of at least one programming language is highly recommended.
- Root introduction and advanced techniques. Prerequisite is the knowledge of C++.
- Introduction to simulation packages: Virtual Monte Carlo, Geant4. Prerequisite is the knowledge of C++.
The lecture program in detail will evolve and can be influenced by the needs of the participants. Feel free to propose topics at TopicList
- 05/05, public holiday
- 12/05, Introduction to STL, AnarManafov (ppt)
- 19/05, Full day hands-on session: Design&Implementation of an OO Calculator.
- 26/05, public holiday
- 02/06, Discussion on previous Calculator hands-on session, PeterMalzacher
- 09/06, Introduction to Root part II: TCollection, TTree, adding own classes, (pdf) (ppt), JoernAdamczewski
- 16/06, Full day hands-on session: OO Calculator continued.
, Mohammad Al-Turany, Denis Bertini, HansEssel
, Xiaomei Li, PeterMalzacher
-- last changed by JoernAdamczewski
- 09 Jun 2005
Cplusplus.CplusplusLecturesSpring2005 moved from Cplusplus.WebHome on 17 Mar 2009 - 20:32 by PeterMalzacher
- put it back